Home to diverse and innovative property owners, businesses, and employees, Shadelands is committed to implementing technologies that support sustainability; promoting practices that respect our environment and natural resources; and offering choices and amenities that serve the health and livelihoods of employees and consumers.
- The free Shadelands/Pleasant Hill BART shuttle—County Connection #7—runs every 15 minutes, Monday through Friday, approximately 6:30am–10:00am, and 3:00pm–7:30pm, via Treat Blvd. and Oak Grove Road. Buses run on clean diesel and are equipped with bike racks and free WiFi. The free shuttle service is a partnership with County Connection, which has its own “Go Green” Sustainability Program.
- Shadelands has launched a bikeshare program with LimeBike, which has deployed 500 bright green smart-bikes in the 267-acre Shadelands business center enabled with GPS, 3G wireless technology, and self-activating locks. Download the LimeBike app on your iPhone or Android. The app makes it simple to find, unlock, and pick up a nearby bike. Sign up with your Shadelands company domain name and ride free – anywhere – in smart-bike fashion.
- Shadelands has installed an electric-vehicle charging hub with multiple electric-vehicle charging stations throughout the park.
- Shadelands is outfitted with high-speed broadband fiber optic technology.
- Shadelands is connected to a large network of groomed and paved walking and biking trails that traverse the neighborhood landscapes of the Contra Costa Canal Trail system, linking to and passing through several parks, regional trails, and downtown areas.
For more details on Shadelands’ sustainability programs and green initiatives, contact the Walnut Creek Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Bureau at 925.934.2007, Chamber@walnut-creek.com.